John Nielsen wrote:
On Wednesday 07 March 2007 21:48, frzburn wrote:
Hi!
I was wondering if there is a way to change the command-line
<snip>
FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE amd64.

Build and install a kernel with options VESA and SC_PIXEL_MODE. Reboot. Run "vidcontrol -i mode". Pick one you like and make a note of its number. Then do something similar to "vidcontrol -f 8x14 cp437-8x14.fnt MODE_NNN", replacing NNN with the mode you noted previously and 8x14 with one of 8x8, 8x14 or 8x16. The font file should match the font size and codepage you want your terminal to be in. Repeat until you find the settings you want, then add a line like this to /etc/rc.conf:
        allscreens_flags="-f 8x14 cp437-8x14.fnt MODE_NNN"
using the same substitutions.

See also man vidcontrol, man sc, and the FreeBSD handbook.

JN
If I'm correct that's not going to work since VESA module doesn't work on an amd64 system, or at least that's what I thought I read some time ago. Not sure what your goal is with your machine but if it's not meant as a server you can always install Xorg with some lightweight WM.

Good luck,

--
-Frank Staals