On Mar 10, 2007, at 11:11 PM, Dan Nelson wrote:

In the last episode (Mar 10), Garrett Cooper said:
Just bought and built a new PC, comes with an Conroe-based Core 2
Duo, Realtek 8169 Gigabit chipset, JbMicron PATA / SATA RAID
controller, and the like. Now, I can boot up the FreeBSD livecd
perfectly fine, but when it comes to adding the interface the driver
isn't present (although it is available if one compiles the kernel
with the proper driver), and if I do install the system it fails to
properly detect the root devices at boot (something to do with the
RAID setup or numbering drives I believe).

So, in an effort to get my system up and running I was wondering if
someone could provide me with either a link to a v7 ISO available
somewhere, or directions on how to make a FreeBSD LiveCD (I have 2
other IA32 systems kicking around I can use for building stuff :)..).

CDs for current are available at
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/ ; pick the latest dated
subdirectory.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]