Hi

I have a little problem with kdm. When I try to sign on the screen reverts back to the login dialog after a few seconds. I can use xdm without any problems.

The problem started when I switched my soundcard from an external soundblaster to the onboard Intel. I'm using the Intel HDA driver and it works! The KDE sound does not work but mplayer for example has sound.

I've recompiled KDE but there's no change.

I need suggestions on how to analyze this problem and to get kdm to work again.

Thanks

Leslie