Tore Lund wrote:

I believe it's enough to put this line into /boot/device.hints:

    hint.agp.0.disabled="1"

Is this really true? Who can confirm this? I also wonder why glxgears in FreeBSD gives me 5000 fps, while in Linux gives me 13000. To get 5000 fps in Linux I need to disable 3d support :-\ .

Have you installed the port or package "nvidia-driver" (or one of its
siblings)?  The documentation that comes with it will probably tell you
what you need to know.

On my own machine I have NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-1.0-9631, and I get this:

%sysctl hw.nvidia.agp.status
hw.nvidia.agp.status.status: enabled
hw.nvidia.agp.status.driver: nvidia
hw.nvidia.agp.status.rate: 4x
hw.nvidia.agp.status.fw: disabled
hw.nvidia.agp.status.sba: disabled

I have installed the port nvidia-driver. I have followed all the step in the readme (including adding the line to /boot/device.hint see below). I wonder though is nvidia 3d acceleration supported under FreeBSD? From the readme:
/
The NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Driver Set brings accelerated 2D functionality
and high-performance OpenGL support to FreeBSD x86 with the use of NVIDIA
graphics processing units (GPUs).

These drivers provide optimized hardware acceleration for OpenGL and X
applications and support nearly all recent NVIDIA graphics chips (please see
Appendix A for a complete list of supported chips). TwinView, TV-Out and flat
panel displays are also supported.
/
P.S.
I also have ran ppracer. Results: