OK. The line "hw.nvidia.agp.status.status: disabled" looks very odd, so
I had to ask.  If you have also modified your xorg.conf according to the
docs (or used nvidia-xconfig), this is baffling. Sorry I am unable to help.

P.S.
I also have ran ppracer. Results:

*FreeBSD*
*110 fps*

*Gentoo Linux*
*240 fps*

I did not get more than 35 fps, in 800x600 resolution...
Lol! I am a spoiled gamer used to run the latest games on the highest setting (i.e. Armed Assault :-P ). I have used nvidia-xconfig and also configured xorg.conf manually. Do you agree with my assessment that 3d acceleration isn't working? Thanks for trying to help!