In my experience, games on FreeBSD are always slow, my hardware isn't very
fast (900MHz, 384MB RAM,Geforce FX5200) but on windows 2000 I'm able to
play even fairly recent games (Such as the punisher, civ4).

On FreeBSD, anything with more graphics than rogue will be anything from
slow to unplayable, even though FreeBSD outperforms windows in almost
every other way...

Conclusion:
Use windows for games, FreeBSD for serious stuff ...

I have to disagree. Been playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein[: Enemy
Territory] and NeverWinter Nights 1 for years - I surely wouldn't say
they're "anything from slow to unplayable": NWN runs fine at max
resolution, and I have constant 142FPS (they're capped @ 142) on ET, at
1280x1024.

Hugo