Eric P. Scott wrote:
[Pieter de Goeje <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]
You really need to delete 'device AGP' from your kernel config and rebuild your kernel.

Really?  NVIDIA's README file says that shouldn't be necessary.

|Note that current FreeBSD releases are shipped with agp.ko built into the
|kernel; in order to allow NvAGP to work, the kernel can be rebuilt without
|'device agp' or the following entry added to /boot/device.hints:

| hint.agp.0.disabled="1"

                                        -=EPS=-
                        (using a different model NVIDIA card)

I have tried editing /boot/device.hints first* but this didn't work. Removing AGP from the kernel also did also zero :'(

*
*# tail /boot/device.hints*
[code]hint.ie.0.maddr="0xd0000"
hint.fe.0.at="isa"