From: /usr/share/mk/bsd.cpu.mk

.  elif ${CPUTYPE} == "c3"
MACHINE_CPU = 3dnow mmx i586 i486 i386
.  elif ${CPUTYPE} == "c3-2"
MACHINE_CPU = sse mmx i586 i486 i386

If you look at the screenshot of the CPUID window from the review
linked by Garrett, it says the Nehemiah has sse but not 3dnow, which
matches the c3-2 settings above.

I would recommend that you comment out C[XX]FLAGS and try again
with CPUTYPE=c3-2

FreeBSD isn't Gentoo, and using Gentoo's settings may cause trouble in
the long-term. If you set CPUTYPE properly, FreeBSD will normally
come-up with sensible optimizations.