On 3/17/07, Minnesota Slinky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey list,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE on a Dell PowerApp 120
(1550) I just purchased.  The system claims to have an AIC 7899 SCSI
host adapter.  I've currently got a known-good 9GB Fujitsu hard disk
in the system, as ID 0.  During installation, the disk comes up as
da0.  After going through all the options for install, etc, I get an
error when it tries to write the file systems:

"Unable to find device node for /dev/da0s1b in /dev!" and mentions
that installation is aborting.  At first I thought it was a problem
with the SCSI backplane, but RHEL and Window 2000 Server both install
and operate without problems.

Thanks for your advice!

Eric Crist

Don't know the answer, but have a suggestion.

How about getting a live cd to boot from and then query /var/log for
hardware spec's

Don