Hi.
I have bought recently an external USB DVD writer Samsung Super (model
SE-S184M/EUBN).
I do not succeed in to burn DVD (only CD).
The system (FreeBSD 6,1) recognizes masterizzatore like:

umass0: TSST corp USB Mass Storage Device, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 3 cd0 at
umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M SB02> device Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0
cd0: 40.000MB/s transfers
cd0: Device Attempt to query size failed: NOT READY, Medium not present - tray
close

If I use the comand whith a dvd+rw : dvd+rw- format /dev/cd0
I obtain

* DVD±RW/-RAM format utility by <[EMAIL PROTECTED] chalmers.se>, version 6.0.
:-( (unable to GET CONFIGURATION:
Input/output error and on the consul: umass0:
Unsupported ATAPI command 0x46.

With another external drive LG this is OK.
I don't know that what happens.
Some suggestions?

Thanks.
--