Pietro Cerutti wrote:

On 3/16/07, Jay Chandler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I can't be the first person to ask this, but a Google and a cursory
search of the archives don't lend me much in the way of hints.

Anyone have a link or an explanation of how to get the Flash plugin
working within Firefox?  I've gotten Java up already, but Flash
continues to elude me...

I'm currently running 6.2-STABLE, firefox-2.0.0.2,1,
linux-flashplugin-7.0r69 and linuxpluginwrapper-20051113_7 and flash
plugin works well on most of the websites I've been.

Here's the relevant part of my /etc/libmap.conf
[/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0         libpthread.so.2
libdl.so.2        pluginwrapper/flash7.so
libz.so.1         libz.so.3
libm.so.6         libm.so.4
libc.so.6         pluginwrapper/flash7.so

Don't forget to add the symbolic links required:

# cd /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins
# ln -s /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/flashplayer.xpt .
# ln -s /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so .

Hope this helps,

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator

Aloha.....

I've been following this thread since I have had many problems in the past with FireFox and Flash.

I'm now running FreeBSD 7.0 CURRENT 200701 on a desktop box and loaded the linux flash and it works fine so far with Firefox and Mozilla on this box. It is a ASUS mobo - with a dual AMD 64 / 4200 clock This install is way better than any of the ones I have experienced with FreeBSD before. I have used FreeBSD since 3.* early 1990's if memory serves me.

 + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + [EMAIL PROTECTED] +
 + http://internetohana.org   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +