On Mar 19, 2007, at 7:54 AM, Marcelo Maraboli wrote:
my / partition has only 73.196 Mbytes available and since I
have 22.000 users, I now cannot change anyone┬┤s password..

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ passwd marcelo.maraboli
Changing local password for marcelo.maraboli
New Password:
Retype New Password:

/: write failed, filesystem is full
pwd_mkdb: write old: No space left on device
passwd: pam_chauthtok(): error in service module

How can I rezise the "/" partition or move the spwb.db
and pwd.db files to another partition ?? (each of them is 44 Mbytes)

You certainly don't want to move the password files out of /etc-- you'll render the machine unbootable as it needs to find them on the root partition. The only approach I see which is likely to be workable would be to backup the system, repartition the disks with a larger root partition, and restore from backups.

However, in theory, if you had free disk space, you could use growfs to expand the root partition without repartitioning, but I am dubious about using that command against /.

--
-Chuck