On Mar 19, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Jules Gilbert wrote:
I need help making pthread work, as I need to enqueue and dequeue logical resource names, so that I can lock and unlock events and physical resources.

Does anyone have examples of pthread code that is known to work under FreeBSD 6.1?

There are hundreds of ports which use POSIX threads:

  find /usr/ports -name Makefile -print0 | xargs -0 grep -l PTHREAD

I have several different problems, but most can be stated as having to defer execution of one job until one or more other jobs have concluded.

I have tried using "clusterit". The key component doesn't work, sigh... I don't know whether the problem is the ClusterIt code or FreeBSD, either.

Are you using the port, /usr/ports/net/clusterit...?
Talk to the maintainer, perhaps, who is <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

--
-Chuck