On Mar 19, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Gerard Seibert wrote:
After booting up my system, I receive an error message:

Shared object "libintl.so.6" not found

This file should be in /usr/local/lib, but it isn't. I have no idea why. I can now only log in as root. Since I am not sure where this file even
came from, I don't know how to replace it.

I assume I don't have to reinstall the OS (I hope) so where do I go from here?

That library comes from the gettext port; so try to reinstall /usr/ ports/devel/gettext...

(pkg_which might become your friend. :)

--
-Chuck