Reinstall gettext from ports as root.  Rebuild your shells that are
linked against it.

Like, ldd /usr/local/bin/bash and see if it's looking for an old
version.  Maybe a temporary symlink for now?

~BAS

--
Brian A. Seklecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Collaborative Fusion, Inc.

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is intended only
for the individual named. If the reader of this message is not an intended
recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this message to an
intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is prohibited.  Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system.