Did you upgrade your system recently or were compat-v.x packages removed? Also, how was pulseaudio installed (package, port, etc)? The pthread lib shouldn't be missing because it is a part of the system which can be compiled in easily using gcc -lpthread.
messias# uname -a
FreeBSD messias 6.2-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p1 #5: Fri Feb 16 22:41:04 CET 2007 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NEPTUNUS i386

The system was updated with cvsup + make buildworld + make buildkernel on Feb 16. So it should not be a problem.

The ports tree was updated on Feb 16.
I also ran "portupgrade -a", it finished on Feb 18.
PulseAudio was installed from the ports tree today, it went fine.

messias# pulseaudio --version
pulseaudio 0.9.4

Yes, I'm aware of that -plthread is missing, probably /usr/local/lib/libpulse.so is missing that. So do you think it is a bug in libpulse.so? Should I contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks,

  Laszlo