On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 04:57:27PM -0700, Jim Priovolos wrote:

> Hi, I've downloaded the 6.2 files. When I burned a CD with the boot file it
> didn't make my laptop boot off it after powering up with it in the CD drive.
>
> The *disk1 file burnt to a CD gave the same results.
>
> I tried the *disk1 file using ftp through a browser and also command line
> ftp set to binary.
>
> I checked the boot order and CD is first. If I put a Windows boot CD in
> there it will boot off of it.

The most popular problem is to burn the CD incorrectly.
The disc1 file (the one you need for installation) is already an ISO -
 a burnable image.  It must be burned directly to the CD as that image
and not converted in any way.   The terminology in different burners varies.
Some call this burning directly as data and some use data to mean something
they will convert in to a burnable image.   So, check your particular CD
burning software and make sure what you are doing is just a straight burn.

If that ain't it, the next thing to do is go back over your BIOS again.

////jerry