At 22:08 21.03.2007, Derek Ragona wrote:
For so few users, you can use regular accounts with the shell set to:
/usr/bin/false

        -Derek

At 11:47 AM 3/21/2007, Vincent Bolinard wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to know how can I set up virtual users without pam_userdb.so
(which is not included in OpenPAM).

vsftpd needs pam_userdb.so to authenticate against the db Berkeley database.
What else can I use ?

I don't want to use MySQL because there won't be a lot of virtual users (< 50).

Thank you for your help.

believed to be clean.

You can use htpasswd instead: htpasswd vsftpd.db <username>

Then back up your /etc/pam.d/ftpd (maybe ftp as well) and replace its content with:

auth required /usr/local/lib/pam_pwdfile.so pwdfile /usr/local/etc/vsftpd.db
account required /usr/lib/pam_permit.so

I hope it works.

Kyrre