On Friday March 23, 2007 at 07:24:52 (AM) Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:

> Kyrre Nygård wrote:
> > Hey!
> >
> > I was wondering if anybody could give me a quick cheat sheet for how to
> > automatically:
> >
> > 1) Download all outdated ports
> > 2) Switch to single user mode
> > 3) Upgrade those ports
> >
> > Running portupgrade -a doesn't work very well when it's time to upgrade
> > running processes.
>
> What problems are you seeing?
>
> Normally, you don't need to go into single user mode. Like Pietro said,
> portupgrade -F will fetch distfiles for you. Then you can do the
> upgrade, check config files and restart services later.

Both 'portupgrade' and 'portmanager' have configuration files that can
contain information on programs you want stopped and started when being
updated, as well as ones you want ignored completely.

--
Gerard

"Being with a woman all night never hurt no professional baseball player.
It's staying up all night looking for a woman that does him in."

        Casey Stengel