It seems that I'm having problems (again) with the GTK filedialog in Firefox/Thunderbird. It happens when saving or opening a file in Firefox or thunderbird resulting in a crash. What to do:

- Open Firefox
- Save a file, the save-file dialog comes up, Save or cancel it.
- Save a file, when the file dialog comes up, file dialog hangs and after a second or something firefox crashes

Same thing happens when trying to open a file using the file dialog a second time, and same for thunderbird: The second time the GTK file dialog comes up it seems to crash firefox or thunderbird.

When I was running firefox-1.5 there was the exact same problem which was fixed in one of the developement releases and when first running Fx-2 I didn't have any problems with it either. I checked in the gimp and geany if there were problems with the file dialog but it worked fine in those programs. Has anyone else problems with this ?

running:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] uname -rs
FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE

[EMAIL PROTECTED] pkg_info | grep firefox
firefox-2.0.0.2,1   Web browser based on the browser portion of Mozilla
[EMAIL PROTECTED] pkg_info | grep thunderbird
thunderbird-1.5.0.10 Mozilla Thunderbird is standalone mail and news that stands

[EMAIL PROTECTED] pkg_info -rx thunderbird | grep gtk
Dependency: gtk-2.10.10
[EMAIL PROTECTED] pkg_info -rx firefox | grep gtk
Dependency: gtk-2.10.10

[EMAIL PROTECTED] pkg_info | grep gtk
<snip>
gtk-2.10.10         Gimp Toolkit for X11 GUI (current stable version)
<snip>

--
-Frank Staals