Eric wrote:

David Banning wrote:

I just spoke with my DSL supplier and they said that they could give
me 5 IP addresses with a DSL line. I am used to only one IP address per phone line - how are the other
IP addresses from the same DSL line utlilized and routed to different
servers?

one per phone line? that doesnt make sense. Do they expect you to have 5 phone lines?

The router they supply you will be responsible for directing traffic to the different IPs.

Aloha,

5 IP's on one line is likely to be an ATM/DSL circuit.

You have a gateway at the isp and then 5 allocated IP's at your side using a switch or router at your side. You also have a broadcast IP and a Net IP to configure.

If you get this I can give you a how to that worked here at our noc. The usual confic gives you 768/768 speed. We find this works ok.

email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you need a "how to" so you'll know what you are getting into.

 + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + [EMAIL PROTECTED] +
 + http://internetohana.org   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +