On Mar 23, 2007, at 2:01 PM, cpghost wrote:

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 01:44:09PM -0400, John Nielsen wrote:
On Friday 23 March 2007 11:02:46 am Frank Staals wrote:
It seems that I'm having problems (again) with the GTK filedialog in
Firefox/Thunderbird. It happens when saving or opening a file in Firefox
or thunderbird resulting in a crash. What to do:

- Open Firefox
- Save a file, the save-file dialog comes up, Save or cancel it.
- Save a file, when the file dialog comes up, file dialog hangs and
after a second or something firefox crashes

I'm seeing the same behavior. I searched around on the web a while ago and saw a report (on a firefox bug issue or mailinglist I think) from another FreeBSD user about this. He later followed up to his own post saying that the problem
went away after he recompiled ALL of his ports. The thing that was
interesting is that he only saw the bad behavior under xfce (what WM are you using, btw?). I'm running xfce 4.4.0 and have the problem, but I haven't gotten around to recompiling everything yet. I may or may not wait for the
modularXorg stuff to be committed before I do so...

I'm experiencing a similar problem with the GTK file save box. Under
fluxbox, the save box starts to grow and shrink horizontally by approx
40% of its size twice per second or so. The only way out of this is to
kill and restart Firefox. I don't know if other GTK-based programs are
affected though. Another data point: I'm too in the midst of the giant
gettext upgrade tango, so this could be temporary, until everything is
finally upgraded.

cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/

What version are you guys running with what CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS? I was experiencing the same thing until 2.0.0.2 (filed a bug and Mozilla folks said they fixed it in this version).

Now if I can only determine why the same happens when I try and add a file with azureus.. that's another ball of wax though..

-Garrett