On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

The problem is not that I want to split a document into single pages, but that I want to split a page in two.
Someone printed two A4 n-up on an A3; I want the two A4 separated again.

Looks like the pstops utility from /usr/ports/print/psutils-a4 might work. Unfortunately, you don't have two A4 pages, just one A3. So you'll have to figure out the parameters to get it to read first the left and then the right half as individual pages.