On Mar 23, 2007, at 3:51 PM, Vizion wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 11:29 AM
To: freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: samba3 compile failure

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Vizion wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vizion
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 8:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Vizion wrote:
I am trying to compile samba...

Is the cause something up with my kerberos installation
(see errors below)?
If so I do not know how to fix it :-(

If not what and how can I fix it??

Is any more information needed to help identify the cause
of the compile failure?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give
david
Compiling lib/smbldap_util.c
Compiling smbd/server.c
Linking bin/smbd
libsmb/clikrb5.o(.text+0x109c): In function
`smb_krb5_get_keyinfo_from_ap_req':
: undefined reference to `krb5_decode_ap_req'
libsmb/clikrb5.o(.text+0x1423): In function
`smb_krb5_principal_compare_any_realm':
: undefined reference to `krb5_principal_compare_any_realm'
libsmb/clikrb5.o(.text+0x1833): In function `smb_krb5_free_error':
: undefined reference to `krb5_free_error_contents'
libads/kerberos_keytab.o(.text+0x1b3): In function
`smb_krb5_kt_add_entry':
: undefined reference to `krb5_kt_compare'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_rd_cred2'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_crypto_destroy'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_ret_address'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_ret_data'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_ret_keyblock'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_auth_con_setremotesubkey'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_data_free'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_config_get_strings'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_auth_con_setlocalsubkey'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_auth_con_generatelocalsubkey'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_sockaddr2address'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_cc_get_ops'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_get_default_principal'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_cc_copy_cache'
/usr/lib/libasn1.so: undefined reference to `init_error_table'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_auth_con_setkey'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_get_forwarded_creds'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_get_err_text'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_ret_int32'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_h_addr2sockaddr'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_build_authenticator'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_build_ap_req'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_auth_getremoteseqnumber'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_data_zero'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_storage_free'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_config_free_strings'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_create_checksum'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_generate_random_block'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_crypto_init'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_enctype_to_keytype'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_free_creds_contents'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_storage_from_mem'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_store_address'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_decrypt_ivec'
/usr/lib/libasn1.so: undefined reference to
`initialize_error_table_r'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_store_int16'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_ret_int16'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_get_error_string'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_principal_match'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_auth_con_setlocalseqnumber'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_storage_to_data'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_store_int32'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_encrypt_ivec'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_storage_emem'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_store_data'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_auth_con_setremoteseqnumber'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_principal_get_realm'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_set_error_string'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_make_principal'
/usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to
`krb5_store_keyblock'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba3/work/samba-3.0.24/source.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba3.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /usr/ports/net/samba3]#

According to that you're missing kerberos5 (part of the base
system). So
you can either install kerberos, or change the kerberos
property with
make config in the dependencies tree (security/libtasn1?)

-Garrett
_Thank you Garrett

You are always do helpful and forthcoming - I want you to
know how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Just before I received your email (which made me think I had
been on the right track)..I did make install  in /usr/src/kerberos5
AND after
# cd /usr/ports/net/samba3
# make clean

was reading your reply while awaiting the outcome of
# make
UNFORTUNATELY...
I got the same error

I would mention that pkg_info shows that
krb5-1.6 is installed on the system(is this the MIT version?).

Does this mean I now need to deinstall krb5-1.6?

How can I then clean up all my ports to get the dependencies right?

Sorry I am not very food at this.. still struggling with
understanding exactly how to deal withese issues.

Thanks again
David

my /etc/make.conf has no entries for KERBEROS (in fact it
only has entries for PERL_VER and PERL_VERSION !!!

I guess I need to pay some attantion to using make.conf
especially as I want to upgrade this system to 6.2 but am a
little nervous of doing so because I am unsure whether I
might make a mess of the upgrade!!

Vizion,

      I think it would be a good idea to consolidate all
further correspondence over to ports@ instead of both ports@
and [EMAIL PROTECTED] That way it's easier to track the email
chain. Besides, cross-posting gets to be a mess sometimes :).

      Ok, in that sense maybe you should get in touch with
the port maintainer because there could be an issue with some
libraries not being found. I would have thought that the
issue could be with security/libtasn1 not having the right
stuff linked, but it also could be that kerberos (ports
version) is causing this headache because of multiple
versions being installed / linked against. More info would be
helpful (LD flags, libraries and their locations, etc), as
someone could probably provide on the list.

      If you do use a version of kerberos though, you should
use either the base version or the ports version -- having
both installed makes things into a mess (been there, done
similar a while back). The same sort of goes for openssh,
openssl, etc. There are a variety of different variables
which control which packages / components get compiled into
the main system (variables are available in man make.conf).

      This is a mess that I was going to look into fixing by
adding this sort of dependency checking with ports / pkg
management for my SoC project, but that may come a little
later on (the most important deliverable is BDB hash table
backend programming).

Cheers and best of luck,
-Garrett

Thanks
re: LD flags, libraries and their locations, etc

Can you tell me how to get this info

Thanks

Do you have the following libs: ${KRB5_HOME}/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a # Is $KRB5_HOME pointing to /usr?

If we could take a look at your config log too a bit (around the kerberos section), that would be helpful (/usr/ports/net/samba/work/ samba-{some_versions}/config.log?).

Cheers,
-Garrett