Hello Jeffrey,

I am not familiar with logrotate but my newsyslog.conf rotates whatever I want just fine. As an example I have this for a small almost unused apache:

/var/log/httpd-access.log 644 7 1000 24 B /var/run/httpd.pid 30 /var/log/httpd-error.log 644 7 1000 24 B /var/run/httpd.pid 30

You might want to adjust size settings etc and this can be found in the man page for newsyslog.conf.

Good luck!

Jeffrey Goldberg skrev:
Hello,

Having recently moved from Linux (SuSE) to FreeBSD (6.2-p3) I'm wondering what the recommended way of rotating logs (principally postfix and apache). I see that logrotate, with which I'm familiar, is in ports. I also see that there is a file /etc/newsyslog.conf, but it looks like newsyslog(8) only knows about HUPping syslogd.

If there is no conventional "BSD way of doing this", I'll just install logrotate and go with what I know, but I thought I would check here first.

Thanks,

-j

--Jeffrey Goldberg                        http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/