Grant Peel wrote:
Hi all,

I have been researching a way to completely mirror a disk once or twice a
week. At this point, it looks like a small script using dump is in order.

My question is for all the rsync fans. (I have installed and am reading man
pages). What would you suggest for a command line in crone to completely
mirror one disk to another (both local). Permissions, ownerships, hidden
files etc etc etc.
The -a flag to rsync seems to be specially designed for the purpose you describe.
Something like:
00	4	*	*	1-6	root	/usr/local/bin/rsync -a /orig/path/* /backup/path/
Works great for me.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies