On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:46:06 -0400
Dantavious <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       Hi,
> As a result of the upgrade to gettext-0.16.1, I am rebuilding ports
> on a desktop machine.  I received an error with the port OpenEXR
> after hours of rebuilding the ports. My first question is what caused
> the OpenEXR port to fail and most importantly do I have to restart
> building all the ports over because of this failure. Initial
> portmaster command was
>
> portmaster -Gv -B -u -d -r gettext

What I would suggest you do is pkg_delete gettext, and do a pkg_add of
the old version (you might need to use a release branch, if you're
tracking stable), and then use *portupgrade* to rebuild just gettext.

This wont solve your build problem, but it it will prevent your system
becoming flakey and then failing to boot into a working desktop, as
happened to me.

Portupgrade, unlike portmaster, preserves a copy of old libraries, so
software build against the old version will continue to work.