Hi Folks,

        Last night it struck me that one reason I constantly find new
        ports to upgrade is that with ~17K ports, if you're running one
        of the more common desktop managers and several popular apps,
        there are going to be at least a dozen minor tweaks every day.
        E.g.:going from foo-1.6.7_2  to foo-1.6.7_3.   I used to run
        port[upgrade|manager] twice/week.  Was swamped; recently,
        upgrading things daily.   Since a lot of the wm ports take
        > 24 hours to build/re-build, I'm pretty much wedged.   Thus
        this suggestion  (for all port/package upgrade suites):
        have a flag, say 'u' for "urgent" when *foo*" goes from
        foo-1.6.7 to -1.6.8  or else when/if foo makes a critical
        fix.

        I Would've loved to have joined into the Coding ``love-in''
        this coming summer,  but my shoulder said,  "ARE YOU AN IDIOT!"
        so not now.   Besides, other tasks await.

        Flames to /dev/null,guys; rational responses see-vous-play.

        gary

        ....Still trying to learn French :-)

        PS:  I hopefully will be upgrading//getting a faster used server
             to replace TAO.  Even if that resolves part of my upgrade
             problem, I think we can do lots better with maintaining
             current ports.