On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 12:25:15AM +0200, stefan broos wrote:

> I'm organising a linux/opensource day in my school. Is it possible to
> get some saple freeBSD cds for those who want to try it?

You are welcome to make your own.  It is legal.   Specifically, download
the disc2 ISO and burn it to a CD.   That one has both the installation
system and also a 'fixit' version that contains most of a basic FreeBSD
system that you can run from the CD and memory.

Just make sure you burn it as a straight image to the CD and don't use
any parameters that attempt to convert it in any way.   The file you
download is already converted to an ISO and ready to burn as is.

Note, though that FreeBSD is its own UNIX and not Linux.   Its history
actually reaches back farther than Linux.

////jerry