On 27/03/07, Sten Daniel Soersdal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Vlad GURDIGA wrote:
> After running this:
>
> /sbin/atacontrol reinit ata2
>
> the storm was gone.
> My HDD in on ata4:
>
> #atacontrol info ata4
> Master:  ad8 <ST3160812AS/3.AAD> Serial ATA II
> Slave:       no device present
>

> Why?

Could be one of any number of reasons and my guess is that the drive
wants to enter sleep mode, due to overheating or energy saving. And
either controller, driver or both found it unreasonable.

You can see the brand and model of my drive. I have Windows XP on the
same computer which works fine. Would the drive want to enter sleep
mode only under FreeBSD?

Perhaps you could inform us after you have researched it?

I do not have a plain idea about what I could or should research in
this case... Could you please be morespecific?