On 3/30/07, Roland Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 12:02:11PM -0400, Jerry McAllister wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 08:09:51AM +0200, Ivan Zenzerovi? wrote:
>
> > Hello, here I am again with another problem.
> >
> > Thanks for your answers, I managed to setup my system, and now almost
> > everything works. Still, I must configure my printer (Hp LaserJet 6L),
but
> > this is not the issue now. I have troubles with my monitor picture: if
I set
> > up the monitor picture for windows with the buttons on my monitro,
then on
> > FreeBSD my desktop goes always to right for a centimeter. Then again,
if I
> > fix the position with my monitor buttons then on windows the picture
goes on
> > the right (or left). What's the cause of this? Any solutions?
>
> Can't help with this.  I have a lot of trouble getting my monitor to
> be acceptable myself.

Try xvidtune.

Thanks, I'll try. I knew of that program, but with time I forgot it's name.

> FreeBSD is great, I use it all the times, but still, I miss some
programs
> > from windows (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Catia). When I buy myself a lapotp,
there
> > won't be windows....

Qcad (/usr/ports/cad/qcad) is a nice 2D CAD program.

Roland

I must say that freebsd works very well as a workstation, there are no
viruses (am I right?), it's very stable, extendable and with good support
(thanks guys). On the other side, there are a lot of things one should
learn, but I already managed to lear a lot of things, and, also, the
handbook is genius, it's just great and one can understand everything.

But, let me ask something. When I was configuring the mounting of usb memory
sticks, I had to create the /etc/devfs.rules file and write something in it.
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/usb-disks.html)
and I did it. Everything works fine, but is it ok to create files like this
if they are not already created by the system. I just followed the hanbook,
but the only difference was that I had to create that file.

Ivan