Christian Walther wrote:
On 30/03/07, Joseph Marah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi KK, thanks. I have tried ctrl+ald+bspace but got a black screen for a split sec abd got right back to KDM login.

ALT+CTRL+Backspace shuts down the X Server the hard way. A Desktop
Manager (KDM, GDM, XDM) is supposed to restart after a session is
ended, which means that the login screen comes back...

Also tried ctrl+f1, ctrl+f1 etc but go nowhere.

Yepp, but if you try ALT+CTRL+Fx (where 1 >= x <= 8) you'll get a
console login screen. Here you'll be able to login as root.

Joseph, I'm sorry; as you can see, Christian caught my error;
CTL-*ALT*-F1, etc., is correct.

KDK
--
Nuke them till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.