Thanks, I'll try to configure it now.

/etc/printcap/

#       @(#)printcap    5.3 (Berkeley) 6/30/90
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/printcap,v 1.14 2004/06/06 11:46:27 schweikh Exp $

#
# This enables a simple local "raw" printer, hooked up to the first
# parallel port.  No kind of filtering is done, so everything you pass
# to the "lpr" command will be printed unmodified.
#
# Remember, for further print queues you're going to add, you have
# to choose different spool directories (the "sd" capability below),
# otherwise you will greatly confuse lpd.
#
# For some advanced printing, have a look at the "apsfilter" package.
# It plugs into the lpd system, allowing you to print a variety of
# different file types by converting everything to PostScript(tm)
# format.  For more information about apsfilter visit
#
#            http://www.apsfilter.org/
#
# If you don't have a PostScript(tm) printer, don't panic, but do
# also install the latest "ghostscript" package for best printer support.
#
# Do also refer to the "printing" section of the handbook.
#
#
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/printing.html
#
# A local copy can be found under
#
#       /usr/share/doc/handbook/handbook.{html,latin1}.
#
# Banner pages are now suppressed by default.  Remove the :sh: capability
# to turn them back on.
#
#lp|local line printer:\
#       :sh:\
#       :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:
#
# Sample remote printer.  The physical printer is on machine "lphost".
# You can perform any kind of local filtering directly.  If you need
# local filters (e.g. LF -> CR-LF conversion for HP printers), create
# a filter script that sends the proper escape sequence to the printer
# and then concatenates stdin to stdout.
#
#remote|sample remote printer:\
#       :sh:\
#       :rm=lphost:sd=/var/spool/output/lphost:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
#       :if=/usr/local/libexec/if-script:
#
# Simple Russian printer with hardware CP866 character set, output filter
# used for KOI8-R -> CP866 conversion
#
#lp|Russian local line printer:\
#       :sh:of=/usr/libexec/lpr/ru/koi2alt:\
#       :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:
zenzo|line|HP6L|lp|Hewlett z Packard Laser Jet6L:\
       :sh:sd=/var/spool/zenzo:\
       :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
       :if=/usr/local/libexec/if-simple:\
#       :if=/usr/local/libexec/hpif:

On 4/1/07, Warren Block <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Ivan Zenzeroviæ wrote:

> I have now another problem. I tryed to set up my printer (HP LaserJet
6L)
> following the instructions in the handbook. Ok, the printer responds,
but
> when i try to print it only takes paper and prints eventually a line of
some
> strange signs.

What are you trying to print?  The LJ6L only handles ASCII text and PCL
control codes.  Additionally, it needs to either have text formatted
with additional carriage returns or to treat linefeeds as carriage
returns.

Many people use apsfilter from the ports to handle print conversion.  I
prefer setting up my own simpler, smaller filter, like "Simulating
PostScript on Non PostScript Printers" in the Handbook "Advanced Printer
Setup" section.

> I set it up at first on interrupt-driven mode, then on
> polled-mode, but it always takes pages and i cant stop it, I tryed
stopping
> it with lpc, but nothing. I tried with the troubleshooting section but
> nothing, no solution for my problem.
> Has anyone maybe the same printer set-up?

It should work fine.  Please post your /etc/printcap.