On 4/1/07, Warren Block <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Ivan Zenzerovię wrote:

>> zenzo|line|HP6L|lp|Hewlett z Packard Laser Jet6L:\
>>         :sh:sd=/var/spool/zenzo:\
>>         :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
>>         :if=/usr/local/libexec/if-simple:\
>> #       :if=/usr/local/libexec/hpif:

> still the same, I put the device ljet5, because there is no ljet6. I
just
> don't get it, why is doing that!

Please edit your posts to remove unneeded text, and post your reply
after the section you're replying to.  This makes it easier to read and
respond.

First, you can't use comments inside a printcap entry.  Those
backslashes at the end of the line are line continuation characters; the
whole thing is really just one long line.

Second, the default printer is usually called "lp".  Unless you have
that, you'll have to tell lpr the printer name with -P each time you use
it.  Given that, here's an edit of your printcap:

lp:\
        :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
        :sh:\
        :sd=/var/spool/zenzo:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/if-simple:

This requires that /usr/local/libexec/if-simple is in place and
executable, too.

Now you should be able to print with lpr.  However, your printer still
doesn't know that linefeed also means carriage return.  So we'll include
carriage returns with a test print:

lptest 66 79 | perl -ne 's/\n/\r\n/; print' | lpr

This should print one page.  If it works, you're almost there.

Hi,

I configured it as you said. But, there is another problem, the printer
always prints the same trash, and I can't stop it. When I sent him a pdf
file it started printing trash and after a lot of restarts and stops and
reboots it always prints ther same without stop.

Ivan