On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Ivan Zenzerović wrote:

On 4/1/07, Warren Block <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

lp:\
        :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
        :sh:\
        :sd=/var/spool/zenzo:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/if-simple:

This requires that /usr/local/libexec/if-simple is in place and
executable, too.

Now you should be able to print with lpr.  However, your printer still
doesn't know that linefeed also means carriage return.  So we'll include
carriage returns with a test print:

lptest 66 79 | perl -ne 's/\n/\r\n/; print' | lpr

This should print one page.  If it works, you're almost there.

I configured it as you said.

Did the test work?

But, there is another problem, the printer always prints the same trash, and I can't stop it.

There may still be a previous print job in the queue. You can remove all print jobs (if you're logged in as root) by running

  lprm -Plp -

When I sent him a pdf file it started printing trash and after a lot of restarts and stops and reboots it always prints ther same without stop.

The LJ6L can't directly understand a PDF, and would print binary garbage. So it's doing what it can.

If the test print worked, the next step would be to install ghostscript (/usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gpl) and update the printcap file to use the ifhp filter as shown in "Simulating PostScript on Non PostScript Printers" section of the Handbook.

But that won't work unless the basic printer setup is functional.