On Apr 1, 2007, at 9:08 PM, Garrett Cooper wrote:

I'd do it on the FreeBSD machine. IIRC Mac OSX did some funky stuff with the MBR / slices when formatting disks.
-Garrett

I just took another disk, formated with UNIX Files System on my Mac, and it mounts just fine as UFS on my FreeBSD system.
Well, hmm.. that's where the IIRC came from though because I wasn't positive. What version of OSX were you running when you formatted the disk, by the way?
-Garrett

Latest version, 10.4.9. Note: I'm not trying to boot from the disk in question - just using for file transfer.
-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks