Do you receive mail from lists such as this one?

Do you receive mail from non-responding mailboxes, such as network
notificationss, etc.?

Do you care about your new correspondents?

If you answer 'yes' to any of these messages, then a Challenge/Respons
system isn't a good idea for you.

Instead, since you are already using SpamAssassin, and the problem
seems to be image spam, you should probably try installing FuzzyOCR
instead, which is in ports.

# make search name=fuzzyocr
Port:   p5-FuzzyOcr-2.3.b_2,1
Info:   Plugin for SpamAssassin which scans image attachments for spam

Kurt