Your domain is not set correctly, or you set it to athome.net. Sendmail is just trying to deliver the email. Normally you don't need the domain to send to root. As long as you have root defined in /etc/mail/aliases you should be able to send to just root.

@reboot /bin/echo "reboot" |/usr/bin/mail -s "start-up at `date`" root

        -Derek