I have run into a rather weird problem, that I am not sure how to correct.

I have created a bootable CD for my FreeBSD systems which is approximately
234 MB in size.  While deploying the image, I found an error I would like
to correct.  All I am doing is adding a symlink to a folder in the /home
directory.

Please let me know if you see anything flawed in my procedure which may be
causing this problem.

1.  Create a directory to work in /home/CDImage.

2.   Copy the existing image to the /home/CDImage directory.
    tar -cpf - /cdrom | tar -xpf -

3.  Add the necessary symlink.

4.  Create the ISO image.
    /usr/local/bin/mkisofs -allow-leading-dots -l -R -T -iso-level 4 -b
boot/cdboot -no-emul-boot -o fwcd.iso CDImage

The image copied from the CD is approximately 234 MB in size, and the
image created by mkisofs is 664 MB.

Thanks,

Jay
It sounds like you may be running into a hardlink issue with iso9660.
I saw a few mails about this on one of the mailing lists last month.
Basicly hardlinks were not being copied off the cd as hardlinks, but
as files. So instead of /bin/foo being a hardlink to /bin/bar you get
/bin/foo and /bin/bar as seperate identical files. I would check the
size of the /home/CDImage directory after copying the cd files to it.
I am not sure if there is a fix.

--
The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred.