I'm running an email server using Sendmail on FreeBSD 6.2, using Spamassassin.

  My question may be simple, but once sendmail has delieverd its mail to the
user, where is it stored ? Is each email stored as an individual file ?

  I see that under my /home/'each users' directory I have a mbox file. Once
open it contains email messages. However, I note that these do not tie up with
what is in my inbox through my webmail client. Some messages exist in the mbox
file but not my inbox.

  Is this what I should be looking at.

  I ask because I want to train my Bayes filter under spamassassin using the

  sa-learn --spam command, and want to be sure i'm running it on the right
directory and or files.