Agus wrote:
Hi everybody....
its been a few days now, since im trying to do a tcsh script to automatize
the process of creating users in my system....
Users register via web, and info is saved in a MySQL DB and in a
  file. the
script reads from the file and begins adding users with pw.
but im stuck on how to create the password for the users. the
    only solution
that worked was the use of expect, but it consumes a lot of resources
(7.8%System). Now that isnt a problem cause the users are few. but if
it has to
add a lot of users?? it will kill my server....

any hints will be apreciated.....

    pw(8)  ??

I cant find the way to do it with pw....

thanks....

Please keep the list in the TO: or CC: field on your
replies ... thanks!

Works fine here as described in pw(8):

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
$ id test
id: test: no such user

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
$ pw useradd -n test

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
$ id test
uid=1020(test) gid=1026(test) groups=1026(test)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
$ finger test
Login: test                             Name: User Test
Directory: /home/test                   Shell: /bin/sh
Never logged in.
No Mail.
No Plan.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
--
It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing,
but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.