--On Tuesday, March 14, 2006 19:40:20 +0100 Benjamin Lutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 18:15, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> What does this "New Messages" feature do?

It's like Favorites, except it only displays folders that have new
messages in them.  I have so many folders that it's a real PITA to have
to scroll through 20 that have no new messages in them just to get to 10
that do.

It also needs to be SMIME/PGP aware and handle IMAP gracefully (according
to the RFCs, not like MS crap.)

How about KMail then. It's SMIME/PGP implementation is very good (and it
renders signed content very nicely too imo) and works great with IMAP. It
can  be comfortably used with the keyboard only (much more so than, say,
Thunderbird).

It doesn't filter folders, however it has a "Next Unread Folder" command,
which makes it directly switch to the next folder with unread messages in
it.

I guess I missed the OP, but why not use mulberry? It's in ports, and it's free now. It works fine - look at my headers. :-) (Soon it will be open source as well.)

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/