Garrett Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Paris Jones wrote:
> I am using FreeBSD 6.0 Stable.
>
> My friend told me about Skype and was very egar to try it, to my dismay the
> port of Skype will only accept one device for audio input and output, (Which
> my headset requires) and I would rather not mess with the DSP hijacker so I
> installed the linux build for skype.com (The static with QT compiled in) but
> was also upset to find that I could not call or receive calls from anyone.  I
> am using the linux_base-8, if someone could tell me how I can start calling
> people it would be very useful, I have read maybe 2 articles about this on
> google and both tell me to install ports that no longer exist.
>
>  Thank you again.
>

>         -ARCKEDA

That's because OSS by itself doesn't support more than one channel at a
time. You need to support virtual channels (a FreeBSD only feature
AFAIK) by entering in the following lines in /etc/sysctl.conf:

hw.snd.maxautovchans = 20 # Adjust to fit the number of simultaneous
sound channels you want enabled at once.

-Garrett
Thank you for your help, but I am not sure what you are telling me to do, are
we
talking about the ports or the linux build?  How would this cause Skype to take
my
voice from one device and output to another?  If you could explain your answer a
little more, I would appreciate it, thank you.
                                                -ARCKEDA