Garrett Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Paris Jones wrote:
> I am using FreeBSD 6.0 Stable.
>
> My friend told me about Skype and was very egar to try it, to my dismay the
> port of Skype will only accept one device for audio input and output, (Which
> my headset requires) and I would rather not mess with the DSP hijacker so I
> installed the linux build for skype.com (The static with QT compiled in) but
> was also upset to find that I could not call or receive calls from anyone.  I
> am using the linux_base-8, if someone could tell me how I can start calling
> people it would be very useful, I have read maybe 2 articles about this on
> google and both tell me to install ports that no longer exist.
>
>  Thank you again.
>

>         -ARCKEDA

That's because OSS by itself doesn't support more than one channel at a
time. You need to support virtual channels (a FreeBSD only feature
AFAIK) by entering in the following lines in /etc/sysctl.conf:

hw.snd.maxautovchans = 20 # Adjust to fit the number of simultaneous
sound channels you want enabled at once.

-Garrett
I don't think that is the solution, I am sorry that I didn't make myself clear
before,

in the port of Skype I can only choose one device for talking, my headset
receives

input from /dev/dsp1 and sends to /dev/dsp, so I can only hear or listen, not
both

at the same time.  In the linux build, I can not even call people, not even the
Skype

testing service.

If you think of anything that could help, please tell me.
                   -ARCKEDA