yes i tried to load /boot/loader.conf but it says that there was syntax
error while loading vesa module, the same problem happened with
/boot/defaults/loader.conf
I didnt edit /boot/loader.conf =)
Is there any way I can edit those files? Im on winxp now, is there any
program that can read/write fbsd partition?

On 4/5/07, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 02:44:24PM -0300, freenity wrote:
> Hi
> I have a problem after editing /boot/defaults/loader.conf, I wanted to
> enable a boot splash picture. So when I rebooted, I coudnt boot :s After
> selecting the booting type (normal boot or something) It showe loading
> kernel text = 0x..... mem=0x..... and then it freezed. I can reboot it
> pressing ctrl + alt + supr.
>
> Is there any way to fix it? Thanks.

Well for starters you are not supposed to edit /boot/defaults, that is
for default settings, not customized ones :) Override in
/boot/loader.conf according to the directions in splash(4).

I guess you might need to better follow the other directions there
too, so if the problem persists then get back to us.

Kris

--
http://feudaltimes.com.ar - Feudal Times `s webmaster and programer.
http://gamescreators.sourceforge.net - linux games programing community.