>I'm looking for an external backup solution for my FreeBSD file server.
>I want it to be pluggable via USB interface (I'd share it with a couple
>of servers). I'd also like to be able to move backups to an off-site
>storage, so external HDD won't probably work for me. My data size is
>currently about 50G, but I expect it to grow to about 250G. My price
>range is below $300.

Get a couple of 150G USB disks.  They work great, you can use
dump/restore or just pax -r -w to copy stuff to the disks.

I'm a big fan of offsite storage, so I actually have three USB disks.
I leave two plugged into the computer so it can dump on alternate
nights, and put one in my bank safe deposit box.  Every week or so I
take one of the two disks down to the bank and swap.

R's,
John