At 01:15 PM 4/6/2007, Franz Wegwerf wrote:
A program wants to have access to /dev/tap3 which doesn't exist on my machine.
I'm a newbie to FreeBSD running FreeBSD 6 and trying wesside but got stuck with this error message: "Can't open tap: ..."

Any help apreciated!
Franz

In FreeBSD 5.X and beyond the /dev entries are created automatically on bootup. If a device isn't being created check your dmesg that the device is found and properly identified. Some devices may need a kernel change or kernel module loaded.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.