On 31/03/2007, at 12:57 AM, Joe Kraft wrote:

Jerry McAllister wrote:
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 12:45:55PM -0500, frzburn wrote:
Hi!
I have a slow Internet connection at home, and I would like to know if it is possible to fetch the STABLE sources from somewhere else (ex.: at work). What I want is to get the latest sources, like described in the handbook ( http://www.ca.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ synching.html), even if it means downloading all of it, since there no way to diff with my
current source...
Basically, that is what I do. I only have a regular old phone modem at home. I take my home machine in to the office where I have a reliable 100 Mb/s and do my installs there. The only problem is fixing up IPs and host
names.
If I ever get rich and get a laptop with significant disk, I can just
carry that and pull everything down to it and take it home to work
on the desktop machine - or I could get one of those nice big USB drives
and download everything to that.
////jerry
I have a computer that's not connected to the internet that I keep up to date using CTM. I've subscribed to one of the ctm-XXX mail list with my work address and I just save the messages to a relatively small USB memory stick from the windows machine. Once I have the updates on there I bring the stick home and run ctm-rmail and it updates my source tree.

It would have been even easier if I was able to get ftp access to get the CTM updates directly without resorting to using e-mail for the transfer.

You can! The CTM deltas are available from FTP. You would have started out by getting an "empty" delta from FTP - and all the increments are located in the same place. There is more information in the handbook.

Cheers
Sam