On Sat, 7 Apr 2007, Christopher Martin wrote:
I guess I could white-list out all of sales' and senior management's
addresses.

The scenario where sales and senior management get all their spam with no delay and everyone else gets the benefit of greylisting sounds pretty much ideal.

Incidentally, my experiments with varying the greylisting timeout period have shown no appreciable difference. It's the initial refusal that does the most good; spam zombies generally can't afford the time to retry. I have seen a few where there's a quick attempt to resend the same spam from up to about five different spam zombies, but greylisting handles that very effectively.