[EMAIL PROTECTED]:0:0:  class=0x020000 card=0x165914e4 chip=0x165914e4 rev=
0x11 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    device   = 'BCM5750A1 NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express'
    class    = network
    subclass = ethernet

Obviously your device is recognized and a driver has been attached. The
name of the device is "bge0" and "ifconfig bge0" should show information
about its current configuration.

This is just bizzare. When I wrote my initial e-mail, "ifconfig -a" did not show the bge0 device, nor would "ifconfig bge0" pull up an interface; now the interface shows up with both of those.

The only thing I can think of is that I made nve0, the other interface, a statically configured address instead of one that used DHCP; other than that, I've done nothing that should have effected the Broadcom card.

In any case, I appreciate the e-mail, as I would not have even thought to look again without this prompting. Glad to have the card working!

Alex Kirk